Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has announced it’s Youth Policy last Sunday in Youth Convention in Lahore.The Youth Policy of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf was made by the Youth Task Force which was established exclusively for this purpose.
Following are the highlights of the Youth Policy of PTI:
- PTI strives to EMPOWER the youth; socially, economically and politically.
- Change through: Education, Skill development, Employment, Improving Social Life & Health, Sports & Arts, Entrepreneurship programs, National Talent Hunt, Youth Recognition.
- Intra-Party Initiatives: Emerge Youth Leaders within the party, Chairman’s Youth Advisory Council, Elected youth wing/student bodies from grassroots to national level.
- MINIMUM 25% parliamentary tickets to Youth at national/provincial level.
- Restoration of Student Unions.
- Formation of official Youth Parliament to groom future leadership.
- Special Parliamentary Committee to co-ordinate between Youth Parliament and Pakistan National Parliament.
- 2 elected seats of Youth Councilors (1 Female, 1 Male) at Union/Village Level.
- Formation of Pakistan’s first National Youth Foundation.
- Formation of Jawan Markaz at Tehseel level.
- Jawan Markaz will have Data Center, Job Center, Legal Center, IT Center, Literary Center, Training Center, Sports/Arts Center.
- Jawan Markaz to be Central hub of all campaigns, Sports Events, Community Services, Awareness/mobilization campaigns.
- Jawan Markaz to facilitate Youth to set up new businesses. Increase in Industry Internship Programs.
- Rehabilitation Centers for youth affected by Terrorism, Drug Abuse, Physical disabilities, Psychological Disorders.
- Uniform Education System throughout Pakistan; Increase in Education Budget, Increase in Vocational Training Programs. Interest Free Loans, Digital Libraries, Adult Education Programs for up-to 6 months duration.
- 2 Million news jobs per annum in local economy.
- Elimination of Political Interference from Public Sector to provide fair opportunity to Youth. Merit Based Job System to be established.