The University of Health Sciences (UHS) Lahore declares the admissions open to Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programmes in public sector medical and dental institutions of the Punjab for the Session 2014-15. The process will be as follow:
- The admission process will start in September.
- All those candidates having domicile of Punjab or Federal Capital Area (Islamabad) who will score 82 per cent or above aggregate marks (excluding Hifz-e-Quran marks) as per PMDC formula, shall be eligible to apply for admission on Open Merit basis in Public Sector Medical / Dental Colleges of the Punjab.
- As per PMDC Regulation, the aggregate marks will be calculated by adding the marks of a candidate as follows:
Matriculation or equivalent –– 10%
HSSC / FSc or equivalent –– 40%
UHS Entrance Test 2014 –– 50%
The formula for calculation of aggregate score is available on UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk.
- The aforementioned condition is not applicable to candidates seeking admission against any category of reserved seats (Disabled Students, Under-Developed Districts, Cholistan) who can apply if they fulfill basic eligibility criteria as laid down in the Prospectus and also available on UHS website www.uhs.edu.pk.
- There are 14 seats available on Reciprocal basis for Punjab domiciled candidates in the medical colleges of Balochistan, KPK and Azad Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates applying against open merit seats can exercise their option for these seats as well. No separate application will be invited for these seats.
- The Prospectus and Admission Form will be available, free of cost, at UHS Lahore, Rawalpindi Medical College Rawalpindi and Nishtar Medical College Multan, as per given schedule. The candidates will have to provide the attested copies of their SSC,FSc and Entrance Test result cards and domicile certificate to get the Prospectus and Admission Form.
- Duly filled Admission Form, complete in all respect, can be submitted, only by hand, at the same centre from where the Prospectus was received as per given schedule.
- Candidates will give their preference for medical and dental colleges in one single Admission Form which once given shall be final and cannot be changed subsequently. An applicant shall not be considered for a college he/she has not named in his/her order of preference. One candidate can only submit one form. There is no need to submit separate forms for MBBS and BDS.
- Muslim Hafiz-e-Quran will be awarded 20 additional marks which will be added to his/her HSSC score, provided that he/she passes the Hifiz-e-Quran Test conducted by the University. To appear in that test, those Huffaz-e-Quran who have an aggregate score of 82% or above marks, will have to get themselves registered for the test at the University as per given schedule. They must bring the original and attested copies of their Matriculation, FSc / HSSC, Entrance Test 2014 result cards, Hifiz-e-Quran Certificate issued by a registered madrassa and Entrance Test Admittance Card at the time of registration and Hifiz-e-Quran Test.
The University shall conduct an Entrance Test, on behalf of the Government of the Punjab, for admission to MBBS/BDS programme on Sunday, 31st August, 2014. The test shall start at 09:00 A.M. sharp. It will be simultaneously arranged in the following cities:
|Southern Punjab||Central Punjab||Northern Punjab|
|Bahawalpur , Multan, Rahim Yar Khan and D.G. Khan.||Lahore, Faisalabad, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Gujranwala, Sargodha and Sialkot.||Rawalpindi and Hassan Abdal.|